Thursday, June 10, 2010

'Rebirth' to Give New Life to a Broken Franchise?

So here's our first piece of movie news in history on Filmosopher!

A 7-minute 49-second trailer for a new Mortal Kombat film, entitled Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, was leaked on YouTube Tuesday. It's dark, it's demented, it's everything that a Mortal Kombat film should be! But I must admit I am skeptical. After being Rick Rolled too many times and having my hopes up for a Legend of Zelda movie that turned out to be a prank by IGN, it's hard to trust this kind of stuff.

The trailer features several of the favorites including Baraka, Jacks, Sonya Blade, Johnny Cage, and, my personal favorite, Scorpion. The casting looks fantastic and so does the make-up and fight scenes. If the trailer is real, then we are in for a treat!

I want so bad for this to be real!




P.S. I apologize that a portion of the video on the right side is cut off. If you want to the view the whole video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk.

No comments:

Post a Comment